Monday, June 4, 2012

23 Weeks and Dr. Visit

We went to the Dr. on Friday for our almost 23 weeks Dr. visit... I thought I had an ultrasound scheduled for today, but I learned that it is not until June 25th! Our Dr. told us that there hasn't been enough time lapsed in between the last US, so it would not give us an accurate picture of if he is growing at the right rate (due to him only having the two cord vessel).

I was bummed that I didn't get to see Rowan that day, but she told us that on the 25th, we will be ready to turn on the 3D Ultrasound to see his features.. we are so excited!! Tyler and I are so curious to see what our little man looks like and if we can tell who's features he has! Hopefully he will cooperate with the pictures!

She measured his heartbeat, which was in the 150's (perfect!)... and weighed me (starting to put on the weight!!)... I am currently the weight I was before I got pregnant with Rowan (lost a lot of weight at the beginning due to being super sick for almost 3 months)... which is amazing since I am now six months pregnant! I am happy for that... so I am up about 8-9 pounds from where we started.... she is giving me 25 to work with, so I feel pretty confident I can stay within that... although I do LOVE sweets and it seems I can put on weight faster now that before! :) We shall see!

This Week:
- I sorted out all my little kid/baby books from childhood/teaching and organized them for Rowan's room!
- Definitely losing steam at the end of the day... bed at about 9pm!
- He is quite the kicker.... Tyler and I love continuing to watch him go crazy when I go to relax on the couch!
- Sorted out Pediatricians that we want to call in the next week or so to interview
- Finding it difficult to find clothes to wear that I can fit into! Shirts are getting short and shorts are getting tight!
- Got dates for delivery/newborn/ CPR and daddy classes this summer to take!
- Planned our last airplane trip (just the two of us-- before Rowan in born) to Seattle in late June to see Tyler's parents (not allowed to fly as of July per Dr.'s orders)
- Looking into a "staycation" AKA babymoon for us to go on before he is born

-hung up his name in his nursery (made by Katie Hammer... LOVE IT.. adorable)



WE LOVE HIM

23 Weeks





No comments:

Post a Comment